Download Call of Duty: Black Ops ROM for Android
Hi fellow PSP gamer! Have you been looking for a way to play the classic Call of Duty: Black Ops PPSSPP on your Android device? Well search no more, because this guide will walk you through installing the Black Ops ISO file and enjoying it on the go with PPSSPP.
Released back in 2010, Black Ops took the epic FPS action of COD to the cold war era. With its memorable single player campaign, addictive multiplayer and sheer polish, it remains a fan favorite entry in the franchise. And now you can relive it on mobile!
So if you want to once again stop Mason and Hudson in their conspiratorial tracks, or engage in tactical team deathmatch battles, then stick around as I detail the entire process of getting Black Ops on your phone. Let’s do this.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Gameplay
Developed by Treyarch and published by Activision, Call of Duty: Black Ops first hit the scene in 2010, quickly going on to become the biggest entertainment launch of all time.
Set during the Cold War era, Black Ops drops players into covert operations as elite operatives Mason, Hudson and Weaver. Their globe-spanning missions unravel a Soviet conspiracy involving brainwashing and chemical weapons.
Along with the gripping story campaign, Black Ops also expanded the legendary COD multiplayer to new levels with additions like the Create-a-Class system, Theater mode and the phenomenal Zombies co-op mode.
With its fast-paced gunplay, cinematic visuals and wealth of content, Black Ops marked the peak of COD supremacy. Reliving it on mobile via emulation is truly a blast.
Key Features of Call of Duty: Black Ops
Here are some of the standout features that make Black Ops worth revisiting even today:
- Thrilling Cold War era single player campaign spanning locations like Cuba, Vietnam, Soviet Russia etc. Conspiracies abound!
- Compelling characters like Alex Mason, Frank Woods and Jason Hudson who are now iconic.
- Movie-like production values with dramatic music and visuals that hold up well even today.
- Vast array of real world Cold War weaponry like the AK-74u, MP5K, M16 and the iconic Dragunov sniper rifle.
- Multiplayer with expanded customization via Create-a-Class. Level up and prestige!
- Several competitive and co-op modes like Team Deathmatch, Domination, Search and Destroy etc.
- The immensely popular Zombies mode pits you against the undead. Fight solo or co-op!
- Arcade shooting gallery missions provide single player side content.
From solo campaigns to online battles, Black Ops delivers it all in one amazing package. Time to get it running on Android!
Device Requirements for Running Black Ops on Android
Before we get into the installation process, here are the minimum device requirements for smoothly running Black Ops via PPSSPP:
- An Android phone or tablet with OS version 5.0 or higher. The newer the better.
- At least 2 GB of RAM. Having more RAM greatly helps with performance.
- Powerful processor like Snapdragon 660 or better. The higher clocked the CPU the better.
- At least 2GB of internal storage space for the ISO. SD card support helps with larger files.
- PPSSPP or other PSP emulators like RetroArch. Use the latest stable builds.
Meeting the above system requirements ensures buttery smooth performance in Black Ops. You’ll be able to max out graphics and enjoy it like back in the PSP days.
Download the ISO Compressed File and PPSSPP Emulator
I hope you have gone through the features and device requirements for the game. So, the next step is to download the compressed version of the game and emulator to run it. Below are the most important files you’ll need to download before having the game run on your phone/tablet:
- The GTA V ISO file
- PPSSPP emulator app
I’m happy to inform you that the two files links are provided here and you can get them for free without being redirected to another site.
Download GTA 5 ISO file for PPSSPP Highly Compressed
The first file here is the ISO file 7z of the game. Actually, the original game has a big file but I have compressed the one uploaded here. Now, you can download GTA V ISO zip file 7z on mediafire in just 300MB. If you are willing to get the game now, use the link below to download compressed version of GTA V ISO PPSSPP ROM free English version from mediafire.
Download the PPSSPP Emulator for Android
Having got the ISO file from mediafire, the next thing is to run the game on your phone smoothly. So, you have to install this popular PPSSPP emulator app on your device to be able to play the game. I would like to recommend the latest Gold version for best compatibility. You can download the PPSSPP emulator for your Android through this link.
How to Install and Run Call of Duty: Black Ops on Android
The installation part is simple. Just follow these instructions carefully after getting PPSSPP:
- Transfer the extracted ISO folder over to the PPSSPP app’s ‘PSP>GAME’ directory. Use file managers.
- Launch the PPSSPP app. You should now see Black Ops ISO listed under the Recent tab.
- Tap on the game icon to boot it up. First launch may be slower due to shader compilation.
- Once loaded, the game should run at full speed on capable devices. Enjoy the action!
- For optimal graphics, try out different renderers and up the resolution. On-screen controls work great.
And that’s it! The legendary FPS action of Black Ops is now in the palm of your hands ready to be enjoyed on the go. Sweet!
Importing Save Data and High Res Textures
To fully recreate that authentic PSP experience of Black Ops on Android, you can add save files and texture packs.
For completed save data, simply get a 100% finished PSP save and transfer it over to ‘PSP>SAVEDATA’ directory within PPSSPP. This lets you skip right to the end.
For HD textures, search for ‘Black Ops textures PPSSPP’ and drop the downloaded packs into the ‘PSP>TEXTURES’ folder. Makes the graphics extra crisp and clear.
Pro tip: Toggle ‘Replace Textures’ option ON in graphics settings. Try different renderers like OpenGL if you face glitches.
And that my fellow COD fans, is how you can install and enjoy Call of Duty: Black Ops on your Android smartphone or tablet!
Despite releasing way back in 2010, it holds up wonderfully even today thanks to timeless gameplay mechanics, epic set-pieces and engaging progression systems that keep you hooked for hours on end.
Plus, emulating PSP games on mobile gives you extra flexibility and customization options compared to playing on original hardware. Definitely give Black Ops a retry on the go if you have fond memories of it.
Or experience one of COD’s finest campaigns and multiplayer offerings for the first time. Just use a good PSP emulator like PPSSPP Gold along with the ISO file, and you are good to go!
See you online for team deathmatches. Until next time, game on!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is downloading Black Ops ISO legal?
A. It exists in a gray area. Owning the original PSP game may qualify you for personal archival usage per copyright laws of certain regions. But download at your discretion.
Q. Can Black Ops run on low-end Android devices?
A. You’ll need at least a mid-range device preferably with flagship specs for full speed. Tweak graphics config for best performance on your phone.
Q. Where can I find the online save data for Black Ops?
A. Check forums and websites like NevCev for completed online save files. Copy these over to the PPSSPP save data directory.
Q. Is Black Ops online multiplayer possible on PPSSPP?
A. Sadly no. Only local multiplayer with bots is currently supported. But the offline modes are almost as fun!
Q. Does Black Ops have controller support on Android?
A. Yes, PPSSPP has full physical controller support for devices with USB OTG. Touch controls work great too.
And there you have it! Let me know if you have any other questions or issues with getting Black Ops running on your phone.