The Warriors PPSSPP – Fighting Your Way Through New York on Android
Hey fellow PSP gamer! Do you remember The Warriors? Rockstar’s cult classic beat-em-up game based on the 1979 movie of the same name? Well, I’ve got great news – you can now play this iconic game on your Android device!
In this post, I’ll give you all the details on how to download and install The Warriors PPSSPP game for Android. We’ll cover the game features, system requirements, highly compressed file of The Warriors, download links, installation guide, and tips on importing save data and textures. Plus, I’ll answer some frequently asked questions at the end for you know what the game does and doesn’t.
So get your bat ready, let’s do this!
Thrilling Features of The Warriors
The Warriors follows the eponymous Coney Island gang as they fight their way back home through the streets of 1970s New York after being falsely accused of killing a charismatic gang leader.
Some of the key features that make this game so much fun:
- Brawl your way through 20 levels across New York locations like Coney Island, Chinatown, and Central Park.
- Play as your favorite characters from the movie like Swan, Ajax, Snow, Fox and more, each with their own fighting styles.
- Unlock bonus fighters as you progress through the game.
- Use weapons like knives, bats, and bottles found in the environment.
- Take on rival gangs like The Baseball Furies, Hi-Hats, and The Punks.
- Enjoy enhanced graphics and visuals in the PPSSPP version.
- Dynamic camera angles make you feel like part of the action.
- Collect items to unlock cool bonuses and art.
With its gripping gameplay and visual flair, it’s easy to see why The Warriors ranks among the best beat-em-up games ever made.
Device Requirements – What You Need to Play
Before you rush to download The Warriors, make sure your Android device meets the minimum system requirements:
- Android 4.4 version or higher
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- At least 2GB internal storage space
- PPSSPP emulator app installed (latest version recommended)
As long as your phone or tablet meets these specs, you should be able to play The Warriors smoothly. The game is not too demanding so even many budget and mid-range Android devices can handle it.
Screenshots of the Gameplay
Below are some of the live screenshots of the game. You can also check out to know what you are going to experience in the game.
Download The Warriors ISO File and PPSSPP Emulator
After getting to know the thrilling features and the requirements to get the game, the next process is to download the compressed version of the PSP game. Below are the essential files you’ll need to download before installing the game:
- The The Warriors ISO file
- A PPSSPP emulator app
Interestingly, the two files are available here and you can get them for free without being redirected to another site.
Download The Warriors PPSSPP ISO Highly Compressed File
The first file here is the ISO file of the game. Actually, the original game file is around 1.3GB but I’ve compressed it and you can now download the ISO zip file for your Android with easy and small megabyte.
If you are willing to get the game now, you can simply navigate on the links provided below to get the ISO zip files from mediafire. As observed, the links are two: The Part 1 and Part 2 of The Warriors PPSSPP. Just click on any of your choice and wait till the process complete.
Download the PPSSPP Emulator for Android
When you are done with the first process, the next file to download is the PPSSPP emulator which will allow you play the game on your Android device. So, you have to install popular emulator app on your device to be able to play the game. I recommend the latest Gold version for best compatibility. You can download the PPSSPP emulator for your Android through this link.
How to Install and Load the Game on Android
Once you have downloaded both the PPSSPP app and The Warriors ISO file, follow these steps to install and play the game on your Android:
- Install PPSSPP if you haven’t already. Launch the app.
- In PPSSPP, go to Load Content and find the ISO file you downloaded. Select and load it.
- The game should start up. Adjust any settings like graphics and controls if you want.
- On the title screen, tap “New Game” to start playing!
- When done, exit the game and close PPSSPP as normal. Your progress saves automatically.
It’s that easy! The Warriors should now be ready for some retro brawling action on your Android. Just launch PPSSPP and load the ISO file whenever you want to play.
How to Import Save Data and Textures
As you play through The Warriors, you’ll unlock new fighters, bonuses, and cutscenes. To transfer your save data and unlocked content between devices, you need to import/export some files.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate your PPSSPP save data file on your old device. This is usually in the PPSSPP/PSP/SYSTEM folder.
- Copy this save data file to your new device either via cloud storage or file transfer.
- Place the save data file in the same folder location on the new device.
- Launch PPSSPP on the new device and load your ISO. The save should sync automatically.
- Go to the PPSSPP settings on the old device. Select Tools > Export PSP virtual memory stick.
- This will create a MEMSTICK folder with your unlocked content. Transfer this folder to the other device.
- On the new device, import the MEMSTICK folder via Tools > Import PSP virtual memory stick in PPSSPP settings.
- Reload the game ISO and your extras/unlocks will be restored!
Following these steps lets you continue right where you left off when switching to a new phone or tablet.
The Warriors remains one of the most thrilling and stylish brawlers ever on the PSP. Now PPSSPP lets you recreate that retro experience on your modern Android phone or tablet. With an engaging story, exciting gang rumbles, and fast-paced gameplay, it’s a beat-em-up fan’s dream.
Just make sure to follow the installation tips above to get it running smoothly on Android. And import your saves to pick up right back where you left off. Bust out your bat, let’s do this!
Can you make it back to Coney safely? The only way to find out is to gather your gang and take to the neon-bathed streets. Now you have all the info needed to play this classic on the go. Let me know in the comments if you have any other questions!
Q1. Is The Warriors game free for Android?
A1. No, The Warriors is a paid game so you need to purchase the ISO file to download and play it on Android. Only the PPSSPP emulator app is free.
Q2. Does it support multiplayer/online play?
A2. Unfortunately, no. The Warriors on PPSSPP only supports single player mode as of now.
Q3. Can I play it on iPhone/iOS?
A3. PPSSPP and The Warriors are only supported on Android devices currently. iOS users cannot install or play it.
Q4. Will my progress be saved if I uninstall the game?
A4. Yes, PPSSPP saves your game progress separately so uninstalling the ISO will not erase save data. Just make sure to backup saves regularly.
Q5. Does it support controllers?
A5. Yes, you can connect controllers like the PS DualShock via Bluetooth to control The Warriors on PPSSPP for better gameplay.