Check out top PPSSPP Platformer Games for Android
Hey fellow gamer! Are you looking the best PPSSPP Platformer games to download and play on Android? Well, search no further because this post is filled amazing list of the top PSP platformer games you will enjoy on your mobile device.
Platformer games represent one of the oldest and most beloved genres dating back to classic titles like Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog. The PSP was home to many excellent platformers during its lifetime that still hold up beautifully today. Thanks to the PPSSPP emulator, these handheld platforming classics can now be enjoyed on our Android devices.
In this post, I will highlight some of the best platforming experiences available for the PSP that are worth checking out on your Android phone or tablet. We will explore a variety of 2D and 3D platformers spanning both major franchise entries and hidden gems.
If I would recommend any platformer game for anyone, Prince of Persia: Revelations would be my first choice. The game is nothing but a thrilling one. This stylish entry in the acclaimed Prince of Persia series delivers fluid platforming and combat framed by a unique comic book-like cel shaded art style. The acrobatic Prince must escape from a sinister trap and avenge a friend.
- Fluid animations and platforming using the Dagger of Time.
- Unique comic book style visuals and panel cutscenes.
- Strategic sword fighting using multiple enemy weaknesses.
- Ideal for mobile with adjustable touch controls.
- Additional Challenge Mode for platforming skill tests.
Prince of Persia: Revelations is one of the best looking platformers on PSP and plays great on Android devices thanks to its fluid mobility and cinematic presentation.
Here another top game of this genre you must play on your Android today. Ubisoft’s humorous Raving Rabbids spin off from the main Rayman series features wacky rabbids starring in a variety of mini-games and story levels spanning different genres.
- Oddball cast of mischievous rabbids.
- Genre shifting levels including platforming, dancing, and more.
- Simple accessible touch controls for all minigames.
- Characters and environments full of lively personality.
- Perfect for pick up and play sessions on mobile.
Rayman Raving Rabbids quirky minigame collection is perfect for mobile gaming in short bursts. The rabbids antics deliver laughs across a variety of humorous challenges.
This PSP remake of the Super Nintendo classic Mega Man X overhauls the graphics and sound while retaining the tight platforming action that made the series famous.
- Faithful recreation of Mega Man X with improved visuals.
- Slick anime style cutscenes add story depth.
- Hone speedrunner skills across challenging levels.
- Unlockable extras like a soundtrack player.
- Bosses have tactical weaknesses to strategize against.
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is one of the best remakes of a platforming classic on PSP. It offers mobile-friendly Mega Man action on the go.
IF you care for any platformer game, kindly check this game out too. Everyone’s favorite lombax/robot duo debuted on PSP with this original interplanetary adventure spanning diverse levels showcasing the duo’s signature firearms and humor.
What makes it stand out:
- Vibrant sci-fi settings across planets like Pokitaru.
- Fantastic arsenal of weaponry and gadgets.
- Clever writing and humor true to the series.
- Quality visuals demonstrate PSP’s capabilities.
- Creative minigames break up platforming.
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters brings the PS2 excellence of the franchise to handheld in full portable form. It’s a must play for platformer fans.
Patapon provides a unique blend of rhythm based gameplay merged with side scrolling platforming. Time button presses to the beat of tribal drums to command your loyal Patapon troops against enemies.
Why it’s great:
- Innovative mix of rhythm and platforming.
- Bright, colorful 2D world and characters.
- Variety of Patapon warrior and troop types to command.
- Simple, addictive gameplay based on timing.
- Memorable soundtrack you help compose.
There’s nothing else quite like the bizarre rhythm-platforming experience delivered in Patapon. It’s easy to learn and hard to forget.
The LocoRoco games offer family friendly 2D platforming centered around tilting your environment to roll blobs of LocoRoco using inertia and teamwork to reach the end.
What makes it fun:
- Unique platforming based on rolling and bouncing blobs.
- Charming world and creature designs.
- Simple intuitive controls tilting the world.
- Collect blobs and find hidden areas.
- Sequel builds on original with new worlds and mechanics.
LocoRoco 2 is perfect for casual gamers or younger kids thanks to its friendly gameplay, world, and music. It offers a platformer anyone can enjoy.
Prinny 1 & 2
These action platformers let you take control of Etna’s adorable penguin minions, the Prinnies, as they slash and platform through dangerous levels on a mission to satisfy their master’s demands.
- Combo-based platforming action starring the Prinnies.
- Two full sized games in one with over 40 levels total.
- Retains the humor and charm of the Disgaea series.
- Alternate story routes based on performance.
- Smooth pixel graphics and animation.
Prinny 1 & 2 provide hours of explosive platforming fun. Disgaea fans will especially appreciate the charming humor.
While not as full featured as the PS3 games, the PSP version of LittleBigPlanet retains the series’ charming DIY platforming with Sackboy. Players can build and share their own levels and costumes.
What makes it great:
- Cute DIY aesthetic with craft-like graphics.
- Physics-based platforming focused on grabbing and sliding.
- Option to build and share your own levels.
- Local multiplayer co-op mode to play story with friends.
- Charming music and narration guiding you along.
LittleBigPlanet offers a condensed version of the classic PS3 games scaled down well for portable play. Sackboy’s platforming adventures remain just as delightful on PSP.
This remake of the very first Mega Man on NES replicates the classic platforming while completely overhauling the 8-bit graphics into a clean anime-inspired style.
- Faithful recreation of the 1987 Mega Man.
- Slick cartoon visuals update the retro graphics.
- Two gameplay modes: New Style and Original.
- 100 challenge levels for honing skills.
- Editor lets you create custom levels.
Mega Man Powered Up provides a great way to re-experience the Blue Bomber’s adventures on mobile with a fresh coat of paint. The editor and challenges add replayability.
As we’ve seen, the PSP was home to a wonderful selection of platformers during its lifetime spanning both major franchises like Ratchet & Clank and Mega Man as well as unique titles like Patapon and LocoRoco. Thanks to fast performance in PPSSPP, these handheld classics play great on Android. Whether you grew up playing these games on PSP originally or want to experience them for the first time, give these platformers a go on your mobile device! Their bite sized level design makes them perfect for gaming in short bursts.