Here are Top PPSSPP Remake Games for Android Devices, Explore!
Classic video games remade and remastered for newer systems allow beloved titles to be preserved for future generations. The PSP featured many excellent remakes of iconic games that still hold up beautifully today. Thanks to the PPSSPP emulator, we can now experience these handheld remakes on our Android devices.
In this post, I’ll highlight some of the best remakes and remasters available on the PSP that you should check out on your Android phone or tablet. We’ll explore titles across various genres from platformers, RPGs, action games, and more that pay homage to gaming’s past while modernizing for the PSP. Whether you want to re-experience a classic with improved graphics or uncover the origins of a franchise, the PSP’s catalogue of remakes via PPSSPP emulation makes it possible anywhere. Read on for the ultimate nostalgia trip!
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
This impressive remake of the Super Nintendo classic Mega Man X completely revamps the graphics with high quality anime-style visuals while retaining the precise platforming action the series is known for.
What makes it stand out:
- Faithfully recreates original gameplay with new graphics and sound.
- Slick anime FMVs help tell the story in more detail.
- Stages are challenging with tough enemy patterns to learn.
- Unlockable bonus content like a music player.
- Great way to discover or revisit this SNES gem.
Maverick Hunter X is one of the best remakes of a 2D platforming classic done right on the PSP.
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
This remake adds new cutscenes, dialogue, and an improved translation to the legendary PS1 turn based strategy RPG classic, complete with enhanced visuals and sound from the original.
Why it’s essential:
- One of the greatest strategy RPGs ever, reborn for PSP.
- New cutscenes and dialog strengthen the already epic story.
- Enhanced Isometric sprite visuals look fantastic.
- Excellent tactics-focused combat system remains intact.
- An all-time classic remade beautifully.
War of the Lions provides the definitive way to experience this tactical masterpiece on the go via emulation.
The masterpiece Super Nintendo JRPG is reborn on PSP with added animated videos helping portray the timeless story. The combat, characters, and visuals are untouched preserving the original magic.
What makes it special:
- Largely the same as the 1995 SNES original.
- Some great new animated sequences for key events.
- One of the best soundtracks in any game ever.
- Ensemble cast with deep characterization.
- Incredibly well crafted world and story.
Chrono Trigger still stands the test of time as one of the best JRPGs ever crafted, and the PSP version is a perfect way to play portably.
Secret Agent Clank
This spinoff from the Ratchet and Clank series puts Clank in the starring role across more varied gameplay including platforming, stealth, shooting, and puzzle solving – a nice change of pace.
- Puts Clank center stage for a unique adventure.
- 10 diverse levels mixing up genres and mechanics.
- Humorous plot involving mind control and prisons.
- Cool gadgets to utilize like the Tie-A-Rang.
- Upscaled graphics and solid performance on Android.
Secret Agent Clank succeeds in changing up the formula for an enjoyable handheld detour perfect for Ratchet fans.
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Castlevania makes its PSP debut in style with this impressive remake of Rondo of Blood that also unlocks the legendary Symphony of the Night. It’s the best way to play these classics.
What it includes:
- Faithful remake of masterpiece Rondo of Blood with new 3D visuals.
- Unlock and play the phenomenal Symphony of the Night.
- Improved controls and save system.
- Awesome boss fights across both games.
- The absolute best way to play these classics on the go.
The Dracula X Chronicles is a must play remake collection for Castlevania and Metroidvania fans on PSP.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
This original Metal Gear adventure crafted for PSP focuses on building up your mercenary army and customizing your base between engaging stealth action missions.
What makes it unique:
- All new Metal Gear story made exclusively for PSP.
- Deep army management and mother base builder gameplay.
- Tactical stealth action refined for portable play.
- Play cooperatively with others.
- Runs great on Android phones and tablets via PPSSPP.
Peace Walker provides a Console-quality Metal Gear experience tailored expertly to deliver a unique entry perfect for handheld gaming.
Persona 3 Portable
This PSP remaster of the PS2 RPG classic Persona 3 adds the option to play as a female protagonist which alters relationships and available social links, expanding the original story.
Why it’s worth playing again:
- The excellent original Persona 3 with loads of enhancements.
- Chance to play from a new perspective as the female heroine.
- Better balanced combat and difficulty curve.
- New anime cutscenes add flair.
- Social links expanded for both the male and female MC.
Persona 3 Portable provides the best way to experience the acclaimed RPG masterpiece on the go with additions that make it feel fresh.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
This PSP remake expands on the action RPG Ys III with improved graphics, refined gameplay systems, new areas, voice work, and other added content to enhance the original game in every way.
What makes it definitive:
- Faithful recreation and expansion of Ys III’s story and gameplay.
- Big graphical upgrade with anime-style cutscenes.
- Buttery smooth combat at 60 FPS.
- Many new areas and dungeons added.
- Completely remixed soundtrack.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana shows how to do a true remake right by enhancing and expanding on every element of the original.
Mega Man Powered Up
This total remake of the very first Mega Man on NES completely revamps the 8-bit visuals into fluid hand drawn anime-style graphics and adds two new playable characters, two modes, and a level editor.
Why it stands out:
- Extreme visual overhaul with slick anime style.
- Two gameplay modes: New style and original 8-bit.
- Two new playable characters with unique movesets.
- 100 challenge levels for honing skills.
- Level editor to create and share user stages.
Powered Up manages to feel totally fresh while remaining faithful to the essence of Mega Man. It’s the best way to play the 1987 classic.
The PSP featured an outstanding library of remakes and remasters of gaming classics that hold up tremendously well even today. As we’ve seen, these handheld versions are sometimes the definitive way to experience beloved games like Final Fantasy Tactics thanks to enhancements tailored for portable play. PPSSPP now brings these excellent PSP remakes to Android devices. Whether you’re discovering these games for the first time or reliving fond memories, these remakes deserve to be played by any fan on mobile.