Play Top PPSSPP Hack and Slash Games on Android Device
Hey hack and slash games fans! Do you care about checking out for the best PPSSP hack and slash games on Android? Well, worry no more because I will share top games of this genre which you can download and play on your mobile device. Just stay tuned and keep on reading.
Without any doubt, PSP was home to many excellent hack and slash titles during its lifespan that still hold up beautifully today. Thanks to the PPSSPP emulator, we can now experience these handheld hack and slash classics on our Android devices.
In this post, I’ll highlight some of the best hack and slash games available on the PSP that you should check out on your Android phone or tablet. We’ll explore action-packed titles spanning swords, sorcery, combos, loot, and more. Let’s go!
God of War: Chains of Olympus
GOW sounds familiar, right? Yeah, if I should recommend the best game in hack slash, God of War must come first. The game prequel to the acclaimed PS2 God of War trilogy delivers the same intense combo-based combat against mythological Greek beasts and gods. Kratos slaughters everything in his path using icy blades and gory finishing moves.
What makes it great:
- Fluid hack and slash combat centered around combos.
- Epic boss battles against massive beasts and gods.
- Wide arsenal of brutal abilities and magic attacks.
- Dark storytelling set in Ancient Greek mythology.
- Little compromise made adapting the PS2 gameplay to PSP.
God of War: Chains of Olympus brings the complete console experience to handheld successfully with all of its style and technical prowess intact.
Here is another most paly hack and slash game on Android. This essential prequel to Kingdom Hearts for PSP delivers stylish fast-paced combat against Disney villains using signature keyblade moves and magic abilities. There’s also fun minigames that provide variety.
Why it’s fun:
- Signature Kingdom Hearts combat adapted for PSP.
- Gorgeous visuals bring Disney worlds to life.
- Massive skill tree to customize your playstyle.
- Minigames like Rhythm diversify gameplay.
- Up to 3 playable protagonists with different stories.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep feels like a full fledged console release on handheld and plays great on Android thanks to PPSSPP.
This is another must play game of this genre. Dante’s Inferno brings visceral hack and slash set across the nine circles of Hell portrayed in the Divine Comedy poem. Dante carves through demons and damned souls with Death’s scythe on his quest for redemption.
What makes it intense:
- Dark, violent gameplay set in Hell’s vivid circles.
- Rewarding parry and dodge based combat.
- Clever environmental finishers to punish demons.
- Epic boss battles with Lucifer, Cerberus and more.
- Solid graphics capture grotesque art design well.
For a thrilling and mature portable trek through the depths of Hell, Dante’s Inferno delivers great gameplay paired with artful design.
Ys Seven PPSSPP
This landmark Ys action RPG introduced party based combat with swapping between characters on the fly. Fighting huge bosses and hordes of monsters has never been so smooth and frantic.
Why it’s special:
- Slick combat centered around party swapping mechanics.
- Huge skill trees and gear to customize your party.
- Epic boss battles that really push your skills.
- Save anywhere functionality ideal for handheld play.
- Beautiful anime-inspired visuals.
Ys Seven’s expanded mechanics make it one of the deepest and most rewarding entries in this revered action RPG franchise.
Soul Sacrifice PSP
In this dark fantasy adventure, you play a prisoner who relives their past in a diary that allows them to absorb mystical monsters into their arm for powerful abilities during high stakes battles.
What makes it stand out:
- Strategic battles require careful use of sacrificial magic.
- Hundreds of unique fantasy creatures to take down.
- Highly customizable playstyles between battles.
- Engrossing narrative framing drives progression.
- Coop missions bump up replayability.
Soul Sacrifice provides strategic hack and slash fused with a macabre narrative perfect for fans of methodical action RPGs.
This 2D fighting game spinoff set in the fantastical BlazBlue universe delivers lightning fast anime combat, gorgeous 2D visuals, and a variable cast of fighters to master and combo with.
Why it’s great:
- Frenetic pacing demands precise execution.
- Beautiful hand-drawn 2D anime visuals.
- Engaging story mode sheds light on the lore.
- Local versus multiplayer and online modes.
- Unique Drives add flair to fighters.
For frantic competitive hacking against friends or AI, BlazBlue Calamity Trigger offers a polished portable fighting experience.
This PSP release includes an enhanced remake of the TurboGrafx classic Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. It also unlocks the legendary Symphony of the Night.
- Faithful remake of the beloved Rondo of Blood.
- Unlock and play the iconic Symphony of the Night.
- Improved visuals still hold up today.
- Huge Metroidvania castle to explore.
- Epic boss battles against Dracula and minions.
With both Rondo and Symphony, The Dracula X Chronicles is by far the best way to play these Castlevania classics on the go.
This unique visual novel framed as a virtual reality battle royale requires you to recruit Servants to fight through challenging turn-based battles as you unravel each floor’s mysteries.
Why it stands out:
- Innovative mix of visual novel and tactical RPG systems.
- Large branching narrative with player choice.
- Many Servants to recruit, changing the experience.
- Gorgeous art style and animations.
- High replay value due to different story paths.
Fate/Extra merges great narrative with challenging hack and slash battles for a hybrid experience with depth.
This cooperative action RPG challenges a party of up to 4 players to work together slaying varied mythological beasts using swords and magic while improving skills and gear.
What makes it fun:
- Co-op hack and slashing focused RPG.
- Hundreds of unique weapons and equipment drops.
- Tons of challenging boss monsters to topple.
- Playable classes like Slayers, Clerics, and more.
- Engaging quest structure with side stories.
Lords of Arcana encourages strategic co-op play for taking down imposing boss creatures. Its satisfying loot grind is perfect for ARPG fans.
As we’ve seen, the PSP featured an excellent library of hack and slash games during its lifetime across numerous genres from God of War-style action to Castlevania exploration to tactical RPG hybrids. Thanks to PPSSPP, these handheld slashers play great on Android. Whether you want anime-fueled face-offs or dark mythical quests, the PSP provided engaging portable slash experiences that stand the test of time.